Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finished Bowtie quilt

  It is definitely not good weather to take quilt pictures.  Good weather or not, I like to share my finished Bow Tie quilt.
 The picture above is before washing and the picture below is after washing. What a huge difference it makes if you like crinkled washed quilts.
 I also finished the machine quilting on Jana's Flying Geese and I Spy quilt.
 Colorful I Spy quilt.
 I am a huge animal lover. My favorite blue String quilt went to the "hospital". Little Molly (11 months old) made a hole in my quilt. The hole is above her right little paw (blue string with white dots).
 I am so lucky, I found a small scrap of the exact blue and white dot fabric. I made a little patch and used my trusty old school clue. A few hand stitches and the hole is gone.
The patch is just below her mouth. Quilting is all about making good memories. Do you have a similar story of a quilt that went to the "hospital"?
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Happy quilting,
Millie 

4 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love washed crinkled quilts! Your bow tie is so pretty. That is on my list of quilts I want to make, too. Your pup is so sweet. And really, she is not bad. When Lady finishes chewing on a quilt, there is not a hospital that can make it look right again. She is a champion chewer! Good thing I can make more, huh?

andsewon said...

Sweet bow tie! Love a washed quilt for snuggling but some times I do not wash a wall hanging or table runner. Sweet Molly, she seems to be saying I am so very sorry. What a pretty girl she is!
Merry Christmas Millie!
Hugs,
Lola

Darlene said...

Love it, Millie.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your bowtie quilt is so beautiful!
Great idea for a quick quilt repair.