Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Finished Whirlygig quilt

 
It is extremely hot and humid here in Texas, perfect weather to stay inside and to work on quilts. I am so excited, my Wirlygig quilt is all done. I can't wait to display it in my quilting room.
These two quilts are almost done, they just need a binding. I had the bindings all planned out. The blue binding did not look good on the String quilt. My ideas do not always work out.
This green fabric looks a lot nicer on the quilt, I am glad I changed the binding out.
 The second quilt's binding is coming along nicely. I am such a slow hand sewer.
This lap quilt will look nice at the end of my bed, well I first have to get the binding done. lol
 I love my bed quilts and this String quilt is getting softer which each wash. I love this white wholecloth quilt at the end of my bed.
 The blue String quilt is nice to cuddle up in. I like to have a few quilts on my bed. My wonderful hubby does not mind all the quilts and pillows on the bed.
 I changed out the quilts behind my longarm. The blue String quilt on my bed used to be over here in my quilting room.
Thank you so much for visiting. Hope you'll have a wonderful week.
Smiles,
Millie

10 comments:

Zlaty said...

Great looking quilts Millie! :-)
Love the wyrlygig or how it was called quilt! :-) did you use a ruller for it? I think I might have the pattern.
It ' s nice to swuich your quilts, don't they make you happy!

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Cille said...

Lovely quilt - the colors are perfect for a summer quilt :)

andsewon said...

Wonderful quilts as always Millie! We are soon to be into Fall here so time to pull out some quilty warmth!
Lola

Terry said...

Your Wirlygig quilt looks wonderful! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Wow Millie! What a wonderful collection of quilts you have been working on. It feels so great to have a finish! They are all beautiful. I love how you have mixed the fabrics in all of them.

Darlene said...

As usual, Millie, I love each and every quilt. :-) Timeless patterns and fabric. :-)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Millie, all your quilts just make me smile. They are all so pretty and so happy! You do great work!
(And yes, I'm pretty much hiding out inside, too.)

debbie said...

Nice Whirlygig quilt. I just finished one too. I called mine Happydance Quilt though. I followed some directions I found online which led to me having to trim all the blocks and wasting a fair bit of fabric. I should have made a test block first, but I didn't. I sure won't be making that mistake ever again! LOL! I think I like string quilts better anyway. xx debbie

Michelle said...

Just beautiful quilts and quilting. I really like how you have them displayed hanging on your wall, my favorites are scrappy with white backgrounds.

Wonky Girl said...

Your quilts are so pretty. I think anyone would feel welcome in rooms that have your quilts on display.
Makes me want to get busy and have a finish to display ;-)