Monday, June 7, 2010

A new panto


Irene made this quilt in rich Tuscan colors for her daughter- in- law. She requested a panto called "Square Spiral." She also wanted the quilt to be quilted with a double layer of Hobbs 80/20 batting.

I did not have this specific panto and it was the first time I quilted it. The double layers of batting was the first time for me too and a struggle. But I was so impressed at how nice the quilting turned out. This panto is now one of my favorite new overall patterns.

I love the texture of the quilting...it is almost like a basket weave pattern. The picture below shows the stripe backing fabric.


Margie made this pastel Pinwheel quilt which I quilted for her with the panto "Snapdragon".

Aren't the pastel pinwheels cute?

Blue flower Minkee backing.

I pieced and quilted this T-shirt quilt for Kelly. The quilt is for her daughter that graduated this year and it was also her 18 birthday. What a cute idea for a birthday present!

Random style t-shirt blocks with the "Bubbles" panto.

Her daughter will attending Texas A&M University....A&M fabric in the border.

T-shirt quilt is in the Happy Birthday bag and ready to be picked up. Two more T-shirt quilts in the back which will be next to be quilted.

I also quilt sevaral donation quilts. This was the recent donation quilt I quilted for the library. I think any child will be happy to win this quilt.

Close up of some of the blocks...love the train!


Happy Quilting!
~Millie~

13 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful quilting! I love the pastel pinwheels quilt! :0)

Barb said...

You have been so busy and yes, that new panto is absoutely gorgeous...and the double batting...ummm ummmm good.... Love the rest of the quilts too.

Jodi Nelson said...

Gorgeous Quilting!

Unknown said...

You have been SOOOOO busy, Millie! I also love "Square Spirals". It is one of the neatest textures, and it does look GREAT on the quilt you did. BTW... LOVE your new "header" quilt on your blog!

Kat

YankeeQuilter said...

The close quilting and double batting makes it look a lot like trapunto...really fun! (and I'll bet really warm!)

My sister did her grad work at A&M and I still have a few yards of that fabric to make her a duffle bag!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Hi Millie, They are ALL pretty, of course, but the pinwheels just look like a perfect picture of a summer quilt, don't they?

Sheila said...

Keryn's Square Spiral is one of my favorites. I can't believe the difference it makes on light fabric. Just beautiful.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Your quilting is beautiful!! Love the texture on the first one~ did she say why the double layer of batting? Didn't it make it really heavy? All the quilts are really nice. I need to make a couple t-shirt quilts... if only there were more hours to sew! ;-) LOL

HOPE said...

Millie..your quilting is just beautiful!!

Nice texture on the new Panto..very nice...

HOPE

andsewon said...

Just beautiful. Like the look of that panto on the double batting.
You have been a busy gal for sure!
Hugs,
Lola

Zlaty said...

I love your new panto Millie! I see many quilts coming with that request!

Have a great week!

Pam said...

I love the new panto -
Square Spirals! Beautiful quilt!

*karendianne. said...

Whoa! That square spiral is absolutely distinctive in it's look and feel (I'm sure). Amazing work, Millie. You'll have everyone wanting this treatment I'm sure - even me! hee! Love the snapdragon on the pastel pinwheels, too. Well, everything is charming my friend. Dreamy...