Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring quilts and decorating

 I absolutely love the Spring season. After this long winter season, it is wonderful to make a few quilts in soft pastels and setting out a few bunnies for Easter. I found these unfinished blocks, but have no idea where I put the pattern.
 I sewed the blocks together and added a few orphan tulip blocks.
 I quilted the quilt with a flowery panto.
A border in pink and green.
I finished the quilting on the scrappy 5" block quilt. It will look so nice on my bed. Can't wait to get the binding done.
 A wonderful blogging friend mailed me a surprise bag of scraps. Some of the scraps went into this String quilt. Most of her string fabric went into another String quilt for my daughter. I will share that next time. It is so nice to receive and share scraps with other quilters.
$99 Free Shipping 
This String quilt is perfect for your spring decorating.
 
 I quilted this beautiful scrappy Bow Tie quilt for Julie.  It is such a pretty quilt in soft spring colors.
 I can see myself in the near future making a pastel Bow Tie quilt with a pretty scrappy border.
 A few bunnies on the mantel. 
 More spring decorations - a frog and a green egg.
  Two more quilts in spring colors on display.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I wishing you all a happy spring season.
Smiles,
Millie

7 comments:

julieQ said...

You make the prettiest quilts ever, Millie...thank you for showing mine too!! Happy spring!

Darlene said...

Love, love, love your quilts, Millie. BTW, Spring is my favorite season, as well.

And, you know I love all the bunnies. :-)

Mrs Knitaddict said...

Every time I visit your beautiful Blog Millie I take with me that lovely feeling of Patchwork at its best. Most enjoyable!
Best regards,
Dolly

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I always love to see your decorating, Millie, you are a master at it! And the quilts, oh, the quilts are beautiful as always!

Sparky said...

You certainly have lots of heart in your stitching...thank you for being you.

Chris said...

Hi Millie, your quilts are beautiful. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Mary said...

Hi, Millie, Just looking at images online for inspiration. Really enjoyed looking at the photos of your quilts. Thanks for sharing.