Saturday, February 27, 2016

Decorating for st. Patrick's day

As you all probably already know, I really enjoy decorating for the seasons without spending so much money on seasonal decorations. I enjoy decorating for the seasons with the seasonal colors. Like for Christmas I love green and red quilts and pillows. For Valentines day I love red and pink quilts and pillows.
So now for St. Patricks day green is the color!
Everything is green!
Recently I discovered my passion for making buntings and how simple it is using my quilters triangle ruler.
Here’s my newest bunting in St. Patrick's day green.
I like to buy unfinished wooden letters from Hobby Lobby and then paint them myself. Here I spelt out the word ‘Luck’ for this seasons decorations.
On the bench is my new green yo-yo pillow.
I flipped over a strip quilt because the back was a nice green color.
My whole entry way for this season.
Another string of green buntings I made really quickly for this season.
Some of you will notice this metal ‘Live’ decoration from Christmas. A painted over it in green for a really inexpesive decoration modification.
Here’s my dollar black frame that I painted over to match the new clover scratch paper picture inside.
Finished green string pillows on my couch with an older quilt with a green backing.
And to finish the day my son made me a huge organic vegetable smoothie. I hope y’all had a nice time looking through my post today. 

Smiles,
 Millie

5 comments:

Barb said...

What fun decorations...

andsewon said...

Lovely Millie! Enjoyed viewing all the pretty quilts with green theme!

Elzaan said...

Dis so lekker om na jou blog te kyk en te sien hoe jy die versierings opstel en natuurlik jou handewerk uitstal. Ek kan glo dat jy dit baie geniet!

Linda said...

Oh such beautiful quilts. You never disappoint me! It's been awhile since
I came by. Haven't quilted in years but still love to read my old followers from
Lavenderridge.blogspot.com. Over the years I moved on to more DIY and home decor here at
Whiteweatheredhutch.blogspot.com. It's march break coming up here in Canada. So I must come up with some crafts for my Grand daughter who always visits during her break.
Have a great weekend!

Shwetablog said...

nice