Monday, November 12, 2012

More fun with strings


 More fun with strings...I finished the quilting on this string quilt. I enjoy looking at all the different strings from my previous projects.
 
This is truly a scrappy quilt, even the back is scrappy.
I am glad I used a plain simple muslin border to frame all the busy string blocks.
I have been working on my red, white and blue string top for a few months. A few weeks ago I added two solid blue borders and finally I finished the sewing on the last two borders.
 Now these blocks do make my eyes spin, but I hope with some simple quilting the quilt will not be too wild.
 
Hope you had fun with my strings. It is time to start something new, but I like to finish these two string quilts before they get "lost" in a box for another month or two.
Happy quilting,
Millie

12 comments:

Northern Deb said...

Love your red white and blue string quilt... almost looks like stars in some of the centers. Very pretty!

julieQ said...

I love your strings! We just never will run out will we?! I still am piecing away...must get these tops quilted!!

Jayne Honnold said...

Millie, I have always admired string quilts, but never really had the urge to make one...until now! Yours has inspired me! What fun!

Zlaty said...

Beautiful job Millie! I love your string quilts! Your red, white and blue quilt is my favorite! I will make a string quilt some day!

Happy sewing! :)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Good thinking, Millie, and they are both so pretty. My string box overflows at the moment, but too much else in the works first.

Rosa said...

Those are spectacular.Love all your string quilts.You are an inspiration!!

Mary Johnson said...

They look great but then I love string quilts!!

Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilter Kathy said...

Your string quilts are amazing! Is the pile of strings going down any yet?!

Challenge Coins said...

The combination of red and white looking fantastic.

Unknown said...

wow great and nice collection
thanks

Quran Tutor At Home

Unknown said...

Looking great. Great combination of Color! white and red combination is rocking challenge coins.