Friday, May 25, 2012

Finished Strip Twist Quilt

My Strip Twist quilt is finally done. It is a little too busy for my taste, but I am sure this quilt will find a good home. One thing I am so proud of myself is that I made this quilt from my scraps and did not buy any new fabric.
 I used a lot of the leftover fabric from these three quilts in the Strip Twist.
More leftover fabric for a half block flowery String quilt.
 My goal this year is to make quilts from my scraps and strings. I do enjoy to make quilts from strings.
 And the last picture below is a Star and String quilt from batiks. I found this free tutorial on Mary's blog. If you enjoy doing power sewing like me, then you will love her free scrappy patterns.
Happy Quilting,
Millie

11 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Love the Star and String quilt....it calls to me....

Barb said...

All your quilts are so wonderful...and those batiks...ummm ummm good.

Kathleen said...

I really like your Strip Twist Quilt...pretty

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I think your Strip Twist is gorgeous. I like all the bright colors playing together. The others are pretty, too.

Zlaty said...

WOW Very pretty MIllie! I love your Stars and Strings quilt from the batiks!

Happy sewing!

Teresa said...

Congrats on the finish and I think it looks great.

Wonky Girl said...

Hey Millie- I wondered what you were up to. Ha, making more beautiful quilts, eh? Yes, they are all wonderful. I really like the strip twist, that's one on my to=do list. I finally made the star string, it still needs to be quilted. What panto will you use on yours?

Sparky said...

Hi millie strip quilt is busy but with no purchases pretty amazing lol...love them all.... All would be welcomed here

Diana said...

I love your quilt! Take care..

Quiltingranny said...

Please help spread the word so we can wrap the first responders and survivors in quilts of love:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782

Anonymous said...

Millie
Jou kwilts is vreeslik mooi. So Bly ek kon jou ontmoet.
Eugenie